Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Am I a Bad Mother?

It's funny. The entire time the kids are off at school, I miss them. I long for them to be with me. Then they get home. Then I wish school lasted for a few more hours! It's chaos the moment they walk through the door. They are all bickering with each other. "Tristan pushed me in a snow bank!" "Well, she pulled my hair!" Meanwhile, Zach looks like the Abominable Snowman and is tracking snow all over the house. Then it's "The Great Snack Debate." There is never what the kids want in the house. (Mostly because when I do buy treats and snacks, they will sneak into it at all hours and it will be gone within a day or two. -That's why I locked the pantry in Las Vegas!) So they push and shove around Mom's small kitchen until everybody is cross and nobody is satisfied. Then it's time for homework who nobody needs help with... that is, unless there is something I am trying to do, then they need me every 2 minutes! Ack! Calgon, take me away!!!

1 comment:

jamiegilson said...

It sounds like you need a meditation moment in the living room when they walk through that door. Can't you just imagine. You're already in the living room with you eyes closed, sitting indian style (what's that criss-cross applesauce junk) oohhmmming and having them join you in a circle on the floor. For some reason I can totally picture you doing this just to freak out your kids or make them laugh. I don't know, maybe it would work. Hehe.