Monday, January 12, 2009

Church Ain't Just For Prayin'

It's for playin', too!
Richard has the keys to the Menan Stake Center, so he got permission and one night, we all headed over to the church for a night of craziness. The kids brought a bike, a scooter, a skateboard, football, giant bowling set, and a bouncy ball. The adults brought food, CD's, and DVD's. We had a ton of fun just going crazy in the gym.
We played Horse, touch football, and kickball. The kids raced around the gym on the bike and scooter, which was so nice cuz with all the snow outside, the wheeled toys haven't been getting much use.
Ty rocketed the kids across the gym on the skateboard.
Notice Samantha's hair safely tucked into her ski hat?
We set up tables in the Relief Society room and had a tasty dinner of chili, leftover turkey, and lots of homemade salsa. (My BIL makes the BEST salsa!!!) Then, Richard got the projector out of the library and the men set it up so the kids could watch their DVD's projected on the wall just like at the movies. Then, the grown ups played Rummy and Yahtzee Turbo in the Relief Society room. It was a very fun night. We did a very similar thing last year. I think this just might have to be a tradition!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

May I have an invite to next year's party? That sounds like a ton of fun!! (I'm putting my order in for your BIL salsa - just ship it to little ol' me in Cali)
: D
Miss you like crazy!

jamiegilson said...

I wanna come. I love those just do whatever and have fun activities.