Monday, January 12, 2009

More of a Nightmare

Ty and I have been looking at houses online for the past several months. The plan was to keep our eye on the market and then get serious around March/April. However, the home I have always dreamed of came on the market. The outside is literally the home I see when I close my eyes and dream. We just had to check it out.
So, on Saturday, we got together with the Realtor to take a gander at my dream house. However, that dream quickly turned into a nightmare. The siding had several cracks, but those can be easily fixed (according to Ty.) The lady who owns the house really has a thing for wallpaper and wallpaper boarders. she also had two little Downs Syndrome boys who really like to peel said wallpaper and boarders. The hardwood floor in the kitchen had been mopped in places so much that the finish had come off. All of the walls had holes in them. And all the rooms were teeny tiny. Much smaller than the pictures made them seem.
So, I guess it's back to the drawing board.Maybe another "dream home" will come on the market and this time, my dreams will come true.

No comments: