Monday, January 26, 2009

Sellers Stink

So we got a call from our Realtor yesterday. Apparently, the sellers are going through a divorce and one agreed to our offer and the other (after the offer had been accepted) said no! So they're going back on their acceptance. The ex-wife wants more. You know, it really steams me. If we go back on our agreement, the seller gets to keep our earnest money. What do we get when they go back? Nada. I was so irritated, I couldn't sleep last night. We re-offered, so now it's a waiting game. Again. I hate buying houses. I hate people who drag us into their ugly divorce. Okay, hate is a strong word. I don't let my kids use it and I shouldn't use it either. But I am frustrated with the whole thing. I'll keep you posted.
*sigh*

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

I think you can sue them for breach of contract. If the contract was signed, that is. And I'm sorry. That is rotten.