Wednesday, January 21, 2009

We Made an Offer

A couple of weeks ago, we started looking at houses. After the major disappointment with the other one, I tried to curb my enthusiasm. It's amazing how different people make their houses look in the pictures than the way they look in person. Let's just say, you can hide a lot with a camera. Anyway, after several homes, we had it narrowed down to two that we liked. We just had one more to go look at before we called it a day. That's when we found it. THE house.It's an older home. Older than we had planned on buying, but it just felt like home. It was weird, the minute we walked through the front door, we knew it was the one.You can't tell from the picture, but the kitchen and dining area are nice and big. They are perfect for entertaining. The cabinets need updating, but that hutch is built in. The rooms are all nice and big. We'll have plenty of room to spread out.I love the pergola in the back yard. The whole back yard is great. Because it's an older home, the trees in the yard are nice and mature. It's beautiful.
The only complaint I have is that the master bathroom has no bathtub. Only a shower. Ty thinks it would be easy to put in a tub at some point in the future, and since he did his grandma's shower, I think he could do it.
We put in an offer today. Now it's just a waiting game. We gave them until Friday at 6pm to either accept, decline, or counter. So, please send good vibes our way!

7 comments:

Tylynn said...

WAhhhhhooooo! It is beautiful! Where is it?

KirstyB said...

Holy cow....you mean business, huh?! From what I can see, it looks beautiful!! More photos, pretty please?!?

Jarad said...

How exciting!

Anonymous said...

I wanna come play!! SO pretty!!!

Rebecca said...

The real question is, does it have room for lots of company?! I hope it comes through. I expect a blog, either way.

Amanda XOX said...

Was that a ceiling fan where the hanging pot rack should go? Oh, I guess you'll have to send me that awesome hanging pot rack I covet =o) Well I love that house already from just that 1 kitchen picture. I hope you get it!!! Good luck!

Rachel Keppner said...

Congratulations, Jen! It's really beautiful. I hope y'all get it. :-)

And I'm with Tylynn-- whereabouts in town is it?