Tuesday, February 3, 2009

It's Torture, I Tell Ya!

I think I have somehow offended the music teacher at the kids' school. How do I know this? Because she has sent a torture device to my home and required that my daughter uses it regularly. This new form of torture is called: The Recorder. It is evil. I think Satan himself has created this little woodwind instrument. Mrs. Arave has checked one out to each of the fourth graders and asks that they practice every night. It starts in the car on the way home from school and continues until bedtime. I swear, if I hear "Hot Cross Buns" or "Merrily We Roll Along" one more time, I may very well put an ice pick through my ear drums. Oh, I forgot my favorite, "The Trill." Samantha loves the sound the recorder makes when you put your finger on the hole and then take it off over and over again rapidly. It reminds her of the happy scenes in the old Disney movies. It just makes my spine stiffen up.
Right now, I have some peace. Thank heaven for Activity Days! I wonder if I can talk Samantha's Activity Days leader to have an activity every night until this unit in music is over...

4 comments:

Jarad said...

But the recorder is so fun to play!

Jen said...

She's learned a new talent. Now she plays it with her nose!!!

KirstyB said...

Bwahahaha...I feel your pain!! I just got done telling Sean that 7am is NOT a good time to practice the recorder!!

jamiegilson said...

With her nose? I'm dying over here. Cracking me up.