Friday, February 6, 2009

The First Field Trip

Last week, Zachary had his first field trip. He was so excited about it that he asked daily for the week before, "Is today the field trip?" I was lucky enough to be able to volunteer to go along.
I think he was more excited about the bus ride!
Zach and his buddy, Maison were inseparable.
The exhibit was about old modes of transportation. This was Zachary's favorite motorcycle. It's a Harley Davidson, but I can't remember the year.
They had an "Old West" section where the kids could play and check things out. Zachary really liked the model horse.
The Army truck was a big hit with all the boys. They wanted to climb up in the cab "try it out" but alas, that was against the rules.
All in all, it was a great field trip. I must admit, it was a bit frazzling to have to try to get 6 kids to stay together with all the excitement going on, but I am glad I was able to go along for the ride. Now Zach is ready for the next field trip. Am I?

1 comment:

jamiegilson said...

What is it about buses that kids love? When Andrew was asked why he wanted to go to public school that was his number one reason. Frazzled or not, it's always fun to tag along.=)