Saturday, October 18, 2008

Stressin'

I am not coping well at the moment. Our renter's rent check bounced. Again! It was late on the 5th, now it's just ridiculous. The late fees accrued are through the roof. You'd think that they would want to remedy the situation, wouldn't you? Nope. They won't answer their phone. In all fairness, they only have one phone. A cell phone. One they let their teenage daughter carry all the time. That's something else I don't understand, but that's just me. Ty left a message with her on the 6th that the check had bounced and please have your mom call me, but that hasn't borne any fruit. We call several times a day, every day, but nobody answers, the mailbox is full, and it is frequently turned off. This is so hard to deal with from so many miles away. It sucks. We sent a letter earlier this week letting them know that if we don't hear from them, we will begin eviction proceedings. That presents it's own set of problems.
1. First of all, how do we even know that they are in Las Vegas? The woman's mother has been very sick and they could be visiting her on the Reservation in Arizona. So, how do we even know that they received the letter?
2. How do we evict people from over 900 miles away? How do we make sure they get out? How do we keep them from trashing the house? (Not that I think they would, the woman is a neat-freak and making a mess just isn't in her nature.) Is Ty going to have to take time off from work to make sure everything happens?
3. We have our own bills to pay and we count on the money from their rent. We would like to be able to move out of my parents' home some time in the near future, how on earth can we afford 2 mortgages!?
I am so stressed out that I can hardly stand it. I am not sleeping at night. I take Ambien, and even with that, it takes an hour of two to fall asleep. Then, when I do, I toss and turn and often, my dreams are about the mortgage and finding another place to live. My skin is a mess. I am short and irritable. I cry at everything! You know, I understand that her mom is sick and that is very sad. I feel for them. But that doesn't mean all of her obligations cease to exist! I am still glad that we are here. I think we made the right decision. But when we started this adventure, I was very relaxed because we had a two year, signed lease. I just didn't think we would have this kind of trouble. The couple and their kids seemed so put together and nice.
How do people not pay their rent? That's a set bill. It's there every month. It never goes away. How do people forget to pay their rent or mortgage? Don't they notice that, for some reason, there is a lot of extra money in their account? And okay, these guys did pay their rent, technically, but the check bounced. How do they not know that?
My back aches. My tummy is upset. I am a mess. Why can't things just work the way they are supposed to? Why can't people take care of their responsibilities? AAAACCCKKKK!!!!!!
Thanks for letting me vent.

1 comment:

Amanda XOX said...

Wow, didn't know any of this about them. Left note w/ daughter on Sat. Hope things get better.