Thursday, October 9, 2008

How Can You Say "No" to That?

Last night, after the kids had gotten into jammies, brushed their teeth, and been hugged soundly, we sent them all down to bed. Ty, Mom, and I settled in to watch a rousing episode of Criminal Minds. Soon, however, a little blond head poked around the bar in the dining room and then sheepishly crept into the room. My sweetest Zachary walked up to Ty, looking up through his long, blond eyelashes and said, "Daddy, when I tuck myself in, it just doesn't feel good, but when you do it, it feels good, so will you please do it for me?" Mom and I nudged each other and hid our smiles as Ty looked at his beautiful son in shock. Then, Ty looked at us with a wry smile on his face. How could anybody say "no" to logic like that. I felt such a rush of love as I watched my husband, with our small son's hand tucked into his, walking to the stairs to take Zachary back to bed.
It's the little things that help to remind us how wonderful it is to be a parent! I love all my babies so much and hope that none of them ever grow too old to want to be tucked in every once in a while.

1 comment:

KirstyB said...

We all have to have moments like that...makes up for the times we want to wring their necks!! ;)

OMGoodness...Criminal Minds...we *SO* didn't talk about that today...gonna have to call you tomorrow!! :)