Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Spirit of the Season

I love this time of year. I love the music, the weather, the lights, the Spirit. If you were to ask me to name one person who exemplifies the Spirit of the season, I would have to say...
The bell ringer at WalMart. Surprise you? She is the most awesome lady. She is there every day. And if I'm right, I think she's there all day! She sits out there in her brown, insulated coveralls, ringing her bells, and singing at the tops of her lungs. I swear, she knows every Christmas song. She is not a great singer. Heck, she's not even a good singer, but that doesn't stop her. She smiles her huge smile and calls out "Merry Christmas" to everybody who passes her. I am there waaaay to often, but every time I see and hear her, I feel warm inside and can't help but smile. It's my hope that I can keep that feeling with me throughout the year. That I will remember that sweet lady and the love she obviously has for her Savior and her courage to show the world. I hope that I can be more like her!

No comments: