Sunday, December 21, 2008

Gingerbread Dreams

Sometime before Thanksgiving, Ty went out to pick up a few things from the store and came back with a Wilton gingerbread house. I stored it in the back room until there was a little more room in the house (a.k.a. my parents went to Texas) and then promptly forgot about it. Then, all my friends started posting on their blogs about the cute gingerbread houses they made, so I got it out for the kids and I to decorate. (Of course, my friends are much more creative and actually made their gingerbread, but I'm just not that good!)
I was kinda grumpy when the activity started, but after a few minutes of playing with my kids, I was having just as much fun as the kids. It was so fun to see what ideas the kids had and how creative they are. We were very limited on candy pieces, but the kids came up with wonderful designs with what they had. I'm pretty proud of icicles hanging from the eaves!

1 comment:

Porters said...

It is a lovely gingerbread house! Your kids look great! I'm glad your spirits brightened too!