Saturday, November 15, 2008

My Baby's 12!

Today, my oldest turned 12 years old! I can't believe it. I just looked at my watch and exactly 12 years ago, to the minute, I was pushing and trying to bring my first baby into this world. That's just crazy to me. It seems like it was just yesterday that I first held him in my arms.
A few of Tristan's friends came over and we took them over to Leo's Place for pizza and playing.
The kids had one table and the adults had another. That way, we could at least pretend to be sane.
The boys played in the fun equipment, played a game of laser tag, and in general, acted silly. They had such a good time.
The football cake was a big hit. The players' jerseys were even the right color, green and white. Notice the expression on my dad's face? The singing was less than stellar.

It is so strange that my baby is twelve years old. Tomorrow, he will be ordained to the Priesthood! Then, the following week, he will be passing the sacrament!!! How is that even possible? I look at him and see that baby I held so close, not a young man. Today has been a little bittersweet as I am not quite ready to let my baby grow up. I love him so much and I am so proud of the sweet young man he has become. He is very helpful to his little brother and sister. Zachary absolutely worships him and tries to copy his every move. It's so cute.
Happy birthday Tristan! I love you so much!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

awwww....so cute!! Good to know that I'll be freaking out in 6 months when this happens to Eliza. And I was just called as the YW president! : D We'll get to play together! haha Seriously, we're not really that old. We stop aging - they continue. Sigh....

jamiegilson said...

Hey, November is a good month. It's amazing how fast these babies grow. Looks like they all had a great time.

So are you done with homeschooling and back to good , non-LV public schools?=)

Jen said...

Yup! We are back to public schools. I really admire parents who can home-school, I just don't have the patience!