Sunday, November 30, 2008

The Lucky Ones

Last Saturday, Ty and Tristan went to see a new ski movie. Ty was really into Warren Miller movies when we were first married. On a side note, I liked to watch them to see Glenn Plake's hairstyles, but I digress. (If you want to check out some of his hairstyles, check out www.glennplake.net and enjoy.) Anyway, a friend of Ty's at work couldn't make it, so he sold Ty his tickets. Tristan wasn't sure he wanted to go, but he tagged along to check it out.
I guess the movie was quite an event. They had a raffle and a silent auction. Ty made a couple bids, but he was outbid as soon as the movie started. So, Daddy and I were watching a show on TV when the front door opened and Tristan walked in with a huge snowboard! Ty may have been outbid in the auction, but that didn't stop him from winning the raffle.
Tristan commented, "This is pretty much the best day of my life!" The boy doesn't even know how to snowboard. I guess he'll be learning this winter.
Now they're just being silly.

2 comments:

jamiegilson said...

That's AWESOME!!! The best day of his life ... what a cutie.=)

Aurie Jenkins said...

thats so cool. We were watching a movie last night and commenting on how much we missed skiing and snowboarding and sippin cocoa in the lodge. I loved that as a kid, spending my weekends on the slope, Tristan is going to have a blast.