Wednesday, August 27, 2008

It's a Little Bit Funny... This Feeling Inside

Am I weird? Am I the only one who feels this way? I walk Zachary to school every day and wait with him until the teachers come to pick the kids up. When I watch him go through those big double doors, I feel just a twinge of sadness. Or maybe it's melancholy. Whatever it is, it only lasts for a minute. It's kinda hard to turn and walk away, but by the time I reach the crosswalk, I'm fine again. Is that strange? Am I just a big baby? Or is it normal to want to hold on to your baby a little bit longer? *sigh* Maybe I just need to take the advise of Tristan's football coach and suck it up. *double sigh*



2 comments:

Rebecca said...

If it helps you feel any better, we had orientation yesterday morning. When I walked into Marian's kindergarten class I got all choked up. School doesn't start till Tuesday!

And my new friend is from Buel! How funny is that?!

Anonymous said...

Aahhh, please remember....oh Jenn....how you were SOOOO looking forward to him going to school a few years ago. I recall many "fun" moments with you and that adorable little boy. I vaguely remember climbing out windows....haha