Wednesday, August 27, 2008

The First Game

Tonight was the Panthers' first game. It was AWESOME! I forgot how much I enjoyed going to sporting events. It was very exciting. Tristan is a maniac! He is on the defensive line which surprised me because he is so small. You should have seen some of the kids Tristan was up against. The first line up that Tristan was on the field, Mom, Dad, and I all said, "Oh my gosh, that kid is huge! Tristan is supposed to block him?" Then the play started and Tristan took the kid out!!! We didn't worry anymore after that.
The game was great. We scored the first touchdown and then the field goal. We kept the
Rigby team back for most of the game, following up with another touchdown. We WON 13-0! The kids were amped. The coaches have a nice little tradition for after the games. They award 5 trophies for the MVP's
. The kids keep them for the week and return them the day before the next game so they can be awarded again after the next game.
I didn't bother to bring my camera because it is so unreliable, but Kim was clicking away like crazy. (She handed the still camera to me for a while so she could video and I snapped a few shots myself. I WANT HER CAMERA!) Anyway, the point is, I have no pictures now, but she'll get them to me later.
Oh! And the kids made it onto the local news! Panthers Rule!!!

No comments: