Thursday, September 25, 2008

I'm So Excited!

Ty is the best husband ever! Remember a few posts ago, I started complaining about how my camera had crapped out? Well, on Saturday, after the kids' last game, Ty said out of the blue, "Hey, let's go look at cameras." Ummm... okay. He decided that we should go to Farr's, a high-end jewelry/electronics/collectibles store, to check out their cameras. We had Zach with us, so it was a little nerve-wracking for me. You know, expensive merchandise, active 5 year old, not a good mix. Anyway, Ty was talking to the guy behind the counter and I was half-listening as I also kept an eye on Zach who was hanging out on a bean bag in the television department. Behind the camera bar was two shelves with several cameras. The bottom shelf had lots of the small, point-and-shoot, credit card sized cameras with two or three of the nicer cameras. The top shelf was filled with high-end, fancy big lens cameras. To my surprise, Ty asked Mike (my new friend from Farr's) to give him the run-down on the prices on the top shelf. I absently thought it was kinda rude to get the guy's hopes up for a big sale when all Ty would really want to buy was one of the small cameras, while I run over to tell Zachary to quit jumping on the bean bag. When I came back, Ty had one of the really nice cameras in his hands and is checking out the features. Before I knew it, Ty said, "We'll take it!" Wha? Then, he decided to take the extra lens because if we bought them at the same time, we got it for half-price. Mike also threw in a 2 gig SD card and gave us a discount on a bag to hold all my nice, new stuff. I couldn't believe it! My recently tight husband just bought me a very expensive camera. The great thing about it is, it's idiot proof. Sure, there are a lot of awesome features, but they are easy to use and give great results. Here, let me give you some examples:

Indoor portrait:

Action shots:
My cute dog:
Outdoor portraits:
Can you believe how great this camera is? I LOVE it!!!

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

yes, but what KIND of camera is it?! Maybe I need one too! I actually love my little Canon point and shoot. Love it, Love it, love it!