Saturday, April 11, 2009

Getting there

The bathroom is done! Well, almost. Ty still has to put the toilet back together, but that's a 5 minute job. I'll post pictures when I make it back to the house with the camera. I'm afraid to take it over there right now cuz then I'll forget it and I won't have it for Easter morning and that just wouldn't do! (I apologize to all my English teachers for that run-on sentence!)
Now, we only have a few minor things to do. I discovered a drawer in Samantha's bathroom that the previous owners had glued something in and then tore out, so we need to sand out all the goopy, dried-on glue. Ty found a spot in the hall that didn't get touch-up painted, so we need to do a quick dab there. The fence in the backyard has these old window panes, complete with glass, nailed to it. Some of the glass has broken out, so there's a danger of getting cut. We've cleaned up the glass from the ground but we still need to take the silly things down. And the front and back yards need to be raked. There's still a lot of dog poop in the back yard, so I'll be sending the kids out with latex gloves and WalMart bags to clean that up. (Then out comes the sanitizer!!!) But that's it! Of course, the boxes still need to be unpacked and places need to be found for all our junk, but we can do that while we're living there. Actually, the raking doesn't really need to be done before we move in either.
So now we're all ready. Now if only the refrigerator would arrive...

1 comment:

jamiegilson said...

That's so exciting. You're almost there. Woohoo!