Friday, March 20, 2009

We're Closed!


A few weeks ago, we noticed this little addition to the "For Sale" sign in the front yard of the house we're buying. So we had to stop and take a picture. A few people drove by as we were getting the picture done and they got big smiles on their faces when they saw what we were doing. I think they were happy for us, too.
This morning, Ty and I met with our Realtor, Kim and the title lady, Theresa at AmeriTitle. Ty wrote a check for the down payment and then it was on to the paperwork.
It took us an hour to get all the paperwork signed. There were so many disclosures and contract agreements to sign. Several were simply repeats of the same thing, over and over again. Ty's hand was very tired by the time we were finished.
Then, outside the front doors, Kim handed Ty the keys to our home. OUR HOME!
(Commercial break: Kimberly Hurley is an amazing Realtor. She bent over backward for us. She was there for us every step of the way. When the seller's Realtor kept screwing things up, Kim was the one who cleaned up the mess. And quickly, too! If anybody is looking to buy a home in the Idaho Falls area, I would strongly recommend Kimberly Hurley-208-313-4148) After Kim gave us the keys she gave us a huge gift basket from Great Harvest Bread. (I think my diet will be suspended until all the goodies are gone.)
On the way home, we had to stop by the house. We tried all the keys and played with the garage door opener. When the kids get home from school, I'm gonna pile them all in the car and take them over so they can run around in the empty house. Ty's already there. He is starting the renovation to the master closet today. I'm so excited that the house is finally ours. Now I can't wait to get everything ready so we can move in. It's gonna be great!

7 comments:

Jarad said...

Congrats! What fun pictures.

Anonymous said...

Yipppeeee! Congratulaions! : D
Would've been funny to have Ty handing the agent Tristan (you know, "give us your 1st born" and all. LOL Enjoy your new home!!

Amanda XOX said...

Oh hip hip horray for you guys!! Hopefully it's been worth the wait!

jamiegilson said...

Woohoo!!! An empty house always needs some nerf guns. It's not as much fun once the furniture is in place.

I love that "Sold" picture. Your family looks great. Harvest Bread, that's making my mouth water.

Bella Dyer said...

we are so happy for you guys! congrats!

KirstyB said...

Yay!!! Congrats guys!! I can't wait to see a bazillion photos of your new home!! :)

Unknown said...

Oh wow...thanks for the shout out!

Incidentally, you guys were absolutely wonderful to work with as well.

I love your blog...I'll have to keep checking in so I can see how things are coming on the house! :-)