Saturday, March 28, 2009

Don't Judge Me

Last night, Samantha came to our door with a stomach ache. It was so bad that she was sobbing (which doesn't really help matters, but...) Anyway, I have a confession to make: I'm kinda happy she was sick. Now before you judge me too harshly, let me explain. It gave me the chance to be "Mommy" instead of just "Mom." I don't get to be "Mommy" to Samantha anymore. She's getting to be such a young lady. But last night, after getting her to lay on her stomach on the floor, I got to lay down beside her. I got to rub her back and whisper encouraging words in her ear. I ran my fingers through her hair. I pressed my forehead against her forehead and told her she was gonna be fine and No, we couldn't sue Little Caesars. I stayed with her until she fell asleep and then I tucked her blanket snugly around her before going back to my own bed. I really enjoyed being "Mommy." So you see, I'm not some freak with Munchausen Syndrome, I'm just a mother who occasionally misses that little girl who used to live here.

1 comment:

Amanda XOX said...

Oh sweet! Okay, your intentions were good =o)