Saturday, March 28, 2009

More Work Done

Since Ty doesn't work on Fridays, we (read "he") got a lot more work done on the house yesterday. He headed over at about 8:30 and got to work on the gas line. The house is heated by gas, but we also wanted the clothes dryer to run on gas, so he had to put in a gas line from the furnace to the dryer. He had to tear up the entire wall in the laundry room. He had to take the laundry folding counter off and take the cupboards underneath it apart. I dropped by at about 9:45 so I could pick him up to run a few errands. We dropped Samantha off at the Paramount Theater for a party and then went shopping for kitchen chairs. We also took Tristan to the comic book store so he could show them his report card and get his gift from Topps Trading Cards. I think we found the perfect chairs. Now we just have to decide if we'll get them. We also went to Ace Hardware so Ty could pick up a part he needed for the gas line. Then I dropped him back off at the house and then I went to pick up Samantha. We went to lunch and took Tristan for a haircut. Usually, my sister-in-law does it, but it was a bit of an emergency. The boy looked like a sheepdog. Once his hair was a little less shaggy, we went back to the house so we could get it all cleaned up for Jeremy's wife, Sandi, to come for a visit this weekend. Jeremy is in Iraq (keep him in your prayers, please) so she's doing the single parent thing. I got a Migraine and had to lay down for a bit while the kids worked on the downstairs bathroom and family room. At a little before 4, we took Tristan over to his Scoutmaster's house for a camping trip. Then Samantha, Zachary, and I headed back over to the house. Ty had gotten the gas line completely run and checked for leaks. He got the wall repaired, the cupboards put together, and the counter put back on. He repainted the walls and cupboards. The room looks like he never touched it! You would never know that it had been completely disassembled. He amazes me. He also did all the touch up in Zach's room and the spare bedroom. When we showed up, I puttied a few spots, removed some screws and nails I missed before and puttied those as well. Ty continued to touch up and I scored the wallpaper in the master bathroom in preparation for removal. Ty removed a swatch of paint from Samantha's room and the living room so we can take them to Home Depot and get the analyzed. Those are the only two rooms the previous owner didn't leave paint for. So you see, we got a ton done yesterday! Maybe we will get it done by next weekend.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

((Jenny just passed out)) Phew! Girl I'm exhausted just reading that! : D

Amanda XOX said...

Wow I wish you still lived close!

jamiegilson said...

Wow you guys are handy. Tearing walls out and everything. Amazing. ... I can't believe they left their cat.=(