Monday, June 2, 2008

My Prayers Are Answered!

Friday morning I got a wonderful phone call from Ty. His first words to me were, "Are you ready to move to Idaho?" I said, "Serious?" and started cheering like a little girl. "When?" Then things got a little nerve wracking. He has to report to his new job on the 23rd of June. That's THREE WEEKS AWAY!!!
So, I am alternating between moments of pure joy and moments of sheer terror. We have wanted to go home since Ty got out of the Air Force, but the jobs just weren't there. Once we'd been here in Vegas for about 2 months, we knew we wouldn't be staying here. It's just not for us. I know that thousands of families raise perfectly sane, well-rounded children in Sin City, but I would really rather not risk it. Just too much "sin" for my delicate sensibilities. (Sorry, I slipped into Austen mode there for a second.) That and the school system sucks. So now, I have to get my entire house packed, prepare to have our stuff moved, deep clean this house all in less than 25 days. Oh! Then there's the matter of going from a year-round school to a traditional 9 month one. Samantha will be missing an entire month of 3rd grade, so I am stressing whether the school will "graduate" her to fourth. The housing market sucks and we are upside down on our mortgage, so selling is not an option. We have to find a renter and hope that they are clean, considerate tenants who won't destroy our house while we're 700 miles and 3 states away. Plus, if the house is vacant for any time between us moving out and the tenants move in, we have to worry about someone breaking in and stealing the appliances. Tristan is throwing a completely shocking fit because he won't be in middle school in Idaho, he will still be in grade school. (Shocking because he has been whining about moving to Idaho for the past 4 years!) We are staying with my parents for an indeterminate period of time, and I have a new puppy. One who is having a heck of a time with house breaking. Ohh the humanity! I am sure everything will turn out okay, but until this is over, I will be going out of my mind!
Thankfully, there is a member of our ward who is a Realtor. He really likes Ty and is offering to help us find tenants for little to no cost. That will really help out.
Okay, I am done venting for the moment. Truth is, I am willing to bear all the stress if it means we will be closer to our parents. The kids deserve to be close to their grandparents
and the grandparents deserve to be close to their grandchildren. We deserve to live in an environment that is healthy for young children. And we deserve to live in a place where the color green is abundant and there are four seasons. It's nice to have prayers answered.

No comments: