Friday, May 16, 2008

My Wednesday Surprise




Picture it! Wednesday afternoon. A cute little house in North Las Vegas. I was sitting on the couch, attempting to watch Dr. Phil while the kids run in and out of the room. I hear the garage door open, and call, "Hi Honey!" Ty grunts his normal response and I hear shuffling in the little alcove. All of a sudden, Samantha starts screaming and freaking out. She keeps darting glances as me and borderline starts to cry. It's been a long day, so my patience is non-existent. I half yell, "Knock it off!" while getting up to see what the commotion is. Exasperated, Ty says, "You were supposed to let her walk into the room and surprise her!" That's when I see her.



The cutest ball of fur I have ever seen! "Oh my gosh!!!" I virtually scream while I rush to relieve her from my husband's arms. Ty was grinning like a goofball, quite pleased with himself.




So, may I introduce you to the newest member of our family? We've named her Maizee (though I am not set on the spelling yet.) She's a silky terrier and she's 9 weeks old. She is 2.1 pounds and won't get much bigger than 5-6 pounds. She is very shy, but she's starting to warm up. Poor thing had a rough day: Flew in from Missouri, watched her sister get adopted out, drove all the way across Las Vegas with my husband - in rush hour, no less - and was introduced to an hysterical family. Poor baby. As I type this, she is curled up in a ball in that little hole that gets made when you sit cross-legged with her head on my thigh, just sleepin' away. She is just the sweetest thing ever. She has grown quite attached to me and our brown couch. Go figure. She follows me around like... well, like a little puppy. If I am in the kitchen doing dishes or whatever, (she hates to walk on linoleum) she will whimper and howl at the brown couch, begging to get up. We laugh at her a lot.




So, Ty is getting lots of extra-special attention and is on my REALLY good list. At least until he ticks me off. *Tee hee*

No comments: