Friday, May 16, 2008

How to have fun at Sonic

Anybody looking for a fun way to pass the time? Well I have just the thing. Zachary showed us all a great new game last Friday to play at Sonic Drive-in. Here's how it works: First, Have your husband tease the kids by refusing to let them see the menu sign thingy. Next, convince your kids to get out of the van and look at the menu sign thingy in the next stall over. Let the fun begin! Ty and I were giggling at our creativeness with making the kids go "next door" when we noticed that Zach was leaning up against the sign and talking to himself. "Yes, I want a hot dog and a root beer float, please." "Yep, a root beer float." "Okay, thanks." Oh SNAP!!! Did he actually push the button? "All you kids get back in the car, right now." Ty and I decided that there was no way that they would fill an order given by a 5 year old, especially since the child wasn't there a minute after ordering. I mean, that's what their windows are for, right? Right? Say I'm right! Anyway, we all chuckled and went on to place our "real" order at our sign menu thingy. As we were ordering, we didn't pay any attention to the little sedan that pulled up in the stall next door. The next few minutes were spent trying to keep the kids in their skin while they waited for their root beer floats. While wrestling the kids into submission, I casually looked around the lot just in time to see the car hop trying to give the car next to us their order, a hot dog and a root beer float. The car owners were confused and the car hop looked like she had just been dropped there. She was so perplexed. She tried arguing with the car people, but for some reason, they kept insisting they didn't place that order. I murmured to Ty out the corner of my mouth and under my breath (as if they could hear me through a closed car window), "I think they just brought Zach's order to that car!" We watched with a mixture of mortification and amusement as the scene unfolded before us. When the exasperated car hop finally turned and went back inside with Zachary's order, we burst into laughter. Needless to say, amidst fits of laughter, we explained to Zach that he is NOT to press any buttons like that until he has our permission.

No comments: