Saturday, June 5, 2010

Around the Campfire

Because my brother is preparing to go on a 1 year remote tour to Korea, his wife has decided to move to my parents' home with her two darling little boys. Memorial Day weekend, they brought the final load of "stuff" up to my folks'. Their little boy requested a campfire, and my little boy requested s'mores. My dad was happy to oblige.Samantha adores her little cousins and they think she's pretty cool, too. This is Declan getting some lap time.Jeremy brought his friend, Matt. Matt brought his friend, Crockett. While my family fell in love with Matt, my kids fell in love with Crockett. He's the cutest little (huge) chocolate lab puppy. At 10 months old, he had acquired most of his size and lost none of his puppy playfulness. The kids loved running around the yard with him and he loved tripping them up. I tried to get some pictures of Crockett and Zachary wrestling, but they all came out blurry.My sister in law is so pretty. Isn't that rude?Here's the future inhabitant of Korea. We will miss him while he's gone. But, we're also glad that we are going to get to spend so much time with Sandi and the boys.My cutie-patootie nephew, Declan. He is 2 years old now. I was playing around with the special settings on my camera. That's why this picture is a tad blurry. But it still shows that sweet little smile!This is Andrew. He's 4. He is the sweetest little boy and will give you a hug at the least provocation.
This is me enjoying a yummylicious s'more. It was worth the wait. Some of the boys decided they wanted hot dogs, too, so we had marshmallows and hot dogs cooking at the same time. Nobody was complaining.
All in all it was a great night. We sat around the fire talking, laughing, and telling stories on each other. I wish we could have more evenings like this one!

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

Wow, 2 years is a long time. That really sucks. I'm glad they can move in with your folks though, and have you close by. Tell Jeremy Hi from me!

Rachel Keppner said...

What a wonderful evening for your family! :-)

Jen said...

Omigosh, I can't believe I did that! It's a ONE year remote tour! I gotta see if I can go in and change that!