Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Things that make me happy

In no particular order...
Smiles on my kids' faces.
The sound of Zach and/or Samantha laughing uncontrollably.
The sweet smile Tristan gets when he is embarrassed or shy.
A clean house (especially if I didn't have to clean it!)
The sound and smell of rain.
The low rumble of thunder.
Good music.
Good friends.
A quiet evening with my husband.
A date with my husband.
Playing with my kids.
Finding a dollar bill in an old jacket pocket.
Unexpected phone calls from friends I haven't heard from in a while.
A card or letter in the mail for no reason at all.
Snuggling with my kids first thing in the morning, when we are still all warm from sleep.
Touching my husband's skin as we fall asleep at night (I really like that spot on his lower back
that would be a love handle, if he had love handles.)
Fresh made cookie dough.
The smell of freshly made bread.
A slice of that bread, still warm and dripping with butter.
Theater shows. (Most recently, "Phantom" at the Venetian.)
Good food.
Watching my kids' minds "click" when they are learning something new.
Warm clothes, right out of the dryer.
CHOCOLATE!
Coloring.
Making others feel good about themselves.
I'm sure there are many others, I just can't think anymore right now.

No comments: